Re: for those that think jpgs are "safe"

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 11/12/03

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:36:36 -0500

In article <1Pesb.37537$PH6.26717@twister.austin.rr.com>,
jcarty@NOSPAM.austin.rr.com says...
> I clicked the link and IE comes up with a page with which says Last Measure
> of Last Measure. What did you think I would see???
>
> "Colonel Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org> wrote in
> message news:MPG.1a1b3c8c389dce56989b9c@news.charter.net...
> > open this in IE:
> >
> > http://www.nero-online.org/norway.jpg
> >

> > --
> > Colonel Flagg
> > http://www.internetwarzone.org/
> >
> > Privacy at a click:
> > http://www.cotse.net
> >
> > Q: How many Bill Gates does it take to change a lightbulb?
> > A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."
> >
> > "...I see stupid people."

it's an iframe exploit with a trojan in it.... I do hope you're not
infected and that you're using a good anti-virus.

:-)

from F-Secure Event Log:

Malicious code found in file C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\72CZNTWT\norway[1].jpe.

 Infection: Trojan.VBS.IFrame
 Action: The file was deleted.

--
Colonel Flagg