Newbie: Vulnerability of my IP address to hackers

From: Steve H. (steve_at_nospam.net)
Date: 11/11/03

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:53:19 GMT

Hi all,
          My apologies upfront for an ignorant, perhaps dumb question:
My PC repair biz friend tells me that ANY "personal" network connected
to the internet, that has an IP address, can be hacked by a determined,
"professional" hacker. Comments please ? TIA.
                                Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie: Vulnerability of my IP address to hackers
    ... "Steve H." ... ]My PC repair biz friend tells me that ANY "personal" network connected ... ]"professional" hacker. ... if you have no services listening in on the internet it becomes ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Heres what.
    ... Tracker doesnt know anything about computers. ... Hackers like to hack computers on the internet. ... A hacker is someone who is interested in computers. ... >> "Without Knowledge You Have Fear, With Fear You Create Your Own ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: IP address
    ... An Internet Service Provider such as RCN has no way of proving an ... Wireless routers that are purchased at retail stores such as Best Buy ... I think your argument that a hacker could have been using the pc won't go ... As the pc's 'owner' there's a certain degree of responsibility ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Heres what.
    ... Tracker doesnt know anything about computers. ... Hackers like to hack computers on the internet. ... ICS stands for internet connection sharing and is used for sharing ... A hacker is someone who is interested in computers. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: PM 9600, USB, OS 9 - WLAN?
    ... Internet? ... TIA ... Ein stinknormaler Accesspoint, der auch den client mode beherrscht? ... Der fungiert dann als kabellose Ethernet-Steckdose:) Ich habe ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)