Re: Macros and Outlook?

From: BruceJ (oe*NOSPAM*_at_connecting4income.com)
Date: 11/06/03

Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:43:03 GMT

Did you restart Outlook after changing the macro security setting to Low?
>I thought I did... I did restart again and my Hello World worked.
Now I am getting
run-time error '424':
Object required
and debug puts me at
    For Each objSRecip In objSMail.Recipients
objSMail.Recipients = nothing when I place my mouse over it.

Thanks
Bruce

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" <suemvp@slipstick.com> wrote in message
Did you restart Outlook after changing the macro security setting to Low? If
so, does any other VBA code run? Write a "hello world" MsgBox routine if you
need something to test. Did you try putting a breakpoint in the Application_
ItemSend() event handler?

You can make a basic check of whether there's a problem with Redemption by
looking at Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Addin Manager. It
should appear there.

> Also, how whould I change the contact address book to work with? Would I
> change the line
>
> Set colContacts = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts).Items
>
> To something like Set colContacts = “NewAddressBook”

Contacts folders and address books are *not* the same thing, so I'm not sure
what you're getting at.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
"BruceJ" <oe*NOSPAM*@connecting4income.com> wrote in message
> I D/L redemption, and installed it. I then tried to register it in VB (I
> have 2 entries for SafeOutlookLibrary and both point to redemption.dll)
When
> I restarted OL 2002, I got an error that it could not find extend.dat (or
> extra.dat if I look in event log. I THOUGHT it said extend.dat ) (I
cleared
> the message, as I thought I would be able to get it again by restarting
O/L-
> I have not been able to get the error again….)
>
>  I have pressed ALT-11, starting the VBA editor, and then browsed to
> ThisOutlookSession and pasted the whole code section there. I have since
> moved all but the first section into a diff module.
>
> I then tried to run it by creating a new email to a address that was not
in
> the contacts folder. I did not get any response. I then put a msgbox in
the
> code, expecting it to pop the message box, it did not. I am NOT familiar
> with O/L for VBA, but I have done some in EXCEL, so it SHOULD be similair…
>
> I have not tried any other VBA code. I have not had any need for it. what
> would be a good one to just test something?
>
> I have signed the code with selfcert and I have also put security to LOW.
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" <suemvp@slipstick.com> wrote in message
> Did you check your macro security settings -- Tools | Macro | Security?
Does
> other VBA code run?
>
> If you're using Excel to send out the mail, then you should be able to
adapt
> the code I provided to add the same functionality (checking addresses and
> creating contacts) to your Excel routines.
>
> "BruceJ" <oe*NOSPAM*@connecting4income.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks for the link!
> > I tried the code, but, it did not work....
> > I even put a msgbox inthe code so I could see if it was getting to the
> code.
> > It is not. I did put it in the correct folder, as per the instructions.
> >
> > Back to the origianal issue...
> >
> > Now, is there a way, I can do something similar from EXCEL? I use the
VBA