Re: Shredding already deleted files

From: Nomen Nescio (nobody_at_dizum.com)
Date: 10/29/03

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:00:01 +0100 (CET)

In article <%lQnb.56680$e01.158752@attbi_s02>
"Vanguard" <no-email@post-reply-in-newsgroup.nix> wrote:

I've downloaded it and it looks like it does what I need. I had a program
some years back that would actually show, in Windows Explorer, the
"deleted files" in red that were still part of the catalog. You could
then check these off and wipe to your specifications. It was neat to see
what should have been deleted and was still being read. I have not yet
found that program. Anybody know what they might have been?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Shredding software for Win2k Pro
    ... BC Wipe or Blancoo Data cleaner both are going thru UK Gov approval ... > I am looking for some software that can perform "Data Shredding", ... > multiple wipe passes over deleted files to ensure they are 100% gone from ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: "Reset" my PC prior to selling
    ... traces of deleted files. ... BC Wipe and Shred2 are a couple of good programs to do this. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • clean out Deleted files from HD
    ... Hey Is there any software that will scan harddrive for deleted files, ... and allow one to completely wipe them from the Disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • what happens to deleted files
    ... what happens to deleted files? ... Is their away to wipe these files away without having to ... reinstall everything? ...