Re: hardware vs software security

From: Florian Reitmeir (squat_at_gmx.net)
Date: 10/27/03

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:36:19 +0100

Hi,

>>PS: I'm very paranoid, and i use a very good spamfilter.
> Spam is a small threat to protect against. The chief danger in spam
> is the volume, and the rise in blood pressure that comes when viewing
> the crap, and the urge to kill the fsckers. Spam filters are a waste
> of time.

:-) so I filter it, its better for health.

cu Florian

Relevant Pages

  • No Starch Releases "Ending Spam"
    ... DEVELOPER OF DSPAM EXPLAINS TECHNOLOGY BEHIND SPAM FILTERING ... has announced the release of "Ending Spam: ... Starch Press, ... generation spam filters, sys admins who need to implement them, gearheads ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)
  • FAQ: Canonical list of questions Beavis refuses to answer (V1.50) (was Re: Fighting email spam and a
    ... newsgroups, so almost no one will see this spammer's attempt to convince people to use spam filters that he and his criminal buddies can easily beat, and to avoid the only type of spam filters that they _can't_ beat. ... If your Challenge-Response spam filter works so well, why are you munging your address, when posting to Usenet? ... If spammers avoid forging real E-mail addresses on spam, then where do all these bounces everyone reports getting come from? ...
    (comp.mail.misc)
  • Re: Email replacement system?
    ... I currently have some pretty good spam filters and its rare for any ... The server system could even take care of validation. ... I would envisage the concept relying on a web of trust, you'd deny a message purely based on it's verifiable sender. ...
    (comp.mail.misc)
  • Re: TalkTalk spam filters
    ... My Prismemail account has not filtered one spam either because it has not been passed a single spam email by the TalkTalk mail server. ... There is no spam header in any of the TalkTalk emails. ... A simple trigger word or even "FWD: Re:" in the subject will trigger the TalkTalk spam filters. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Email replacement system?
    ... I currently have some pretty good spam filters and its rare for any ... consuming and therefore expensive for the spammer (but not for the ... How long does the sending server keep email? ...
    (comp.mail.misc)