Re: BCWipe?

From: CB (server13_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 10/26/03

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:38:18 GMT

Thanks, Richard. I forgot to mention that I had cancelled out of BC Wipe
when I got the Low Disk warning, but you picked up on that. I appreciate
you answering and will ignore the warning next time I run it.. I couldn't
find anything relating to this happening in BCWipe Help section.
Thanks again

"Richard H" <me@me.com> wrote in message

> "CB" <server13@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure if this is a true security question, but since I was
running
> BC
> > Wipe when it happened, I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience
and
> > has a suggestion:
> > Win XP Home
> > 40 GB HD (8.52 GB used)
> > 1.280 GB RAM
> > P4 2.4 CPU
> > I installed & ran BC Wipe for the 1st time this morning, and during the
> > cleanup, I got a message saying I am low on Disk Space. I immediately
> > cancelled the cleanup and went to the System Restore tab and it says
that
> > Sys Restore has been suspended because of low disk space and I must free
> 200
> > MB through Disk Cleanup Utility. Even if I check all options (compress
> old
> > files, Temp, etc) it still doesn't amount to 200 MB.
> > I'm not sure why BC Wipe would cause this, but would anyone know how to
> fix
> > this so Sys Restore will monitor again?
> > Thank you
> >
> Hi
> If you were performing a freespace wipe, this is normal because to wipe
the
> freespace, temporary files are created that overwrite the current free
> space. When the free space wipe is completed, these temporary files are
> deleted, and your system should have the same amount of freespace as
before.
> If you cancelled the freespace wipe without letting BCWipe delete the temp
> files, then the temp files will still exist and will take up space on your
> drive. You should then locate these temporary files, and delete them.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: BCWipe?
    ... > I'm not sure why BC Wipe would cause this, but would anyone know how to ... If you were performing a freespace wipe, this is normal because to wipe the ... When the free space wipe is completed, these temporary files are ... If you cancelled the freespace wipe without letting BCWipe delete the temp ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Error and crash when saving WordX-Document under Panther
    ... Well, nevermind, it sounds like this problem: ... Where too many temporary files build up. ... You can wipe out the temporary ... files by closing the document, or install the template provided in the link ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)