Re: system password

From: Mimic (null_at_void.net)
Date: 10/24/03

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:36:39 +0100

"Jim Watt" <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote in message
news:afigpvg36s6evi3efqu9thk9d2je4hpovi@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:58:02 -0400, "splatter" <me@me.net> wrote:
>
> >Different BIOS's have different setups as far as passwords. Most only
> >prevent changing the BIOS,
>
> No, most allow two levels of password protection, one which locks
> the CMOS settings and another that prevents the machine booting.
>

> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

uhuh i agree with jimmy

--
Mimic
and those that dont."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Oh, I wonder what the lusers have been up to...
    ... I've been hesitant to say for fear that this run of good fortune would ... So far the only damages done have been forgotten passwords, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: passwords
    ... I remeber reading in a book that passwords over 8 chars are no more secure ... but i dont recall what your after:P ... "Without knowledge you have fear. ... "He who controls Google, controls the world". ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Creating a Password
    ... >>Such passwords can only be cracked by means of brute force. ... > not worth the effort (the cracker would just move on to other ... > example illustrated the min 8 characters process, ... "Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Creating a Password
    ... >>Such passwords can only be cracked by means of brute force. ... > not worth the effort (the cracker would just move on to other ... > example illustrated the min 8 characters process, ... "Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Viewing and password protecting the default Windows XP Adminis
    ... Set a password in the BIOS that must be entered before booting the ... operating system. ... I agree with your reservations but setting BIOS passwords makes it only ... marginally harder to break into a PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)