Re: port 113 hits

From: Tommy (Tommy15_at_Mail.not)
Date: 10/17/03

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:46:55 -0400

reshman wrote:

> FreeBSD 5.1
>
> "Tommy" <Tommy15@Mail.not> wrote in message
>> reshman wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone have any ideas why I would be seeing hits directed to my on port
>> > 113 -- all around the same time? Would this have anything to do with
>> > doing a make for a port out of the ports package???
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > -Mike

It sounds like scalper. Have you went to ports and installed 'chkrootkit?'
If not, install it and run it. and see what comes up with.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: port 113 hits
    ... > reshman wrote: ... > It sounds like scalper. ... install it and run it. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: subversion on FreeBSD 4.10
    ... I've upgraded all the ports including perl. ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # To avoid running MAKEDEV all on /dev during install: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: newest PHP port upgrade broke php5-mbstring-5.0.1 ?
    ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # certain ports. ... # To avoid running MAKEDEV all on /dev during install: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: External drives not installing or working properly on USB
    ... Tne one thing you could try doing is a repair install of XP ... Only one of the five host controllers is connected to the 6 ... As you have 5 host ports, ... operating system to recognise the four additional 'drives'. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: mfi freebsd7
    ... i did update my ports and install the 1.01.40 version... ... A RAID1 config shoudl suit a busy webserver well. ... To unsubscribe, send any mail to ...
    (freebsd-questions)