Re: Help with F-Secure AV?

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 10/15/03

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:01:36 -0400

In article <2166c653.0310141418.3b5269bb@posting.google.com>,
brandorf@brandorf.com says...
> > As far as i could see here installing SP4 while having running
> > instances of F-Secure may result in a gatekeeper error.
> >

> > That was driving me insane for a while because even turning f-secure
> > to 'disabled' resulted major problems on some (not all) clients.
> >
> > I was to lazy to investigate what is messing it up but as a simple
> > work-around you may uninstall all f-secure components before upgrading
> > to SP4.
> >
> > Thats worse a solution but works for the moment.
> >
> > regards,
> > jErk
>
> Well in my currently installation, F-secure was installed after SP4,
> as I had just recovered from a hard drive failure. As for now I have
> switched to AVG, and if I ever figure out how to fix this, or F-Secure
> ever contacts me I'll use F-Secure again as my licence doesn't expire
> untill next August!

I didn't document this and I am not 100% sure which "order" the programs
started in, but I recently had a similar problem and I changed either
the order the fsecure related programs were started in msconfig or I
removed "others" that were starting in front of the fsecure programs....
I didn't even think about this thread when it happened or I would have
noticed more and remembered exactly what I did. sorry :\ but it's a
start.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: F-Secure Internet Security 2007 deletes my LiveUpdate!
    ... We like using F-Secure Internet Security at our company. ... On our systems we do also have Norton System Works Premier 2005 ... installation) and this lovely installer really DELETED Symantec ... LiveUpdate from my system - I could not believe this! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Free antivirus protection??
    ... The F-Secure 6 month trial d/l was a disappointing experience. ... installation, it insisted on removing ... There was no installation of Yahoo Toolbar. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Systemwiederherstellung arbeitet fehlerhaft
    ... Die Version von F-Secure war ein Bundle-Paket, die hatte ich quasi "gratis" mit dabei. ... Ich nutze seit 2002 die NIS und hatte damit nie gravierende Probleme. ... nicht mehr in der Liste "verfügbare Laufwerke" unter ... Und das war definitiv vor der Installation dieses F-Mülls nicht der Fall, auch wenn der Support das abstreitet. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • Re: Trojan downloader.win32.small.cv
    ... | and the F-Secure Anti-Virus is corrupted and some of the profiles also ... | and the installation of F-Secure which I'll install it again being corrupted ... handle is held open by the OS and this is normal for the Win9x/ME Windows Swap file; ... Xoftspy is a considered a Rogue anti spyware by Spyware Warrior and it should be removed. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)