Re: Help with F-Secure AV?

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 10/15/03

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:01:36 -0400

In article <2166c653.0310141418.3b5269bb@posting.google.com>,
brandorf@brandorf.com says...
> > As far as i could see here installing SP4 while having running
> > instances of F-Secure may result in a gatekeeper error.
> >

> > That was driving me insane for a while because even turning f-secure
> > to 'disabled' resulted major problems on some (not all) clients.
> >
> > I was to lazy to investigate what is messing it up but as a simple
> > work-around you may uninstall all f-secure components before upgrading
> > to SP4.
> >
> > Thats worse a solution but works for the moment.
> >
> > regards,
> > jErk
>
> Well in my currently installation, F-secure was installed after SP4,
> as I had just recovered from a hard drive failure. As for now I have
> switched to AVG, and if I ever figure out how to fix this, or F-Secure
> ever contacts me I'll use F-Secure again as my licence doesn't expire
> untill next August!

I didn't document this and I am not 100% sure which "order" the programs
started in, but I recently had a similar problem and I changed either
the order the fsecure related programs were started in msconfig or I
removed "others" that were starting in front of the fsecure programs....
I didn't even think about this thread when it happened or I would have
noticed more and remembered exactly what I did. sorry :\ but it's a
start.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/