Re: Wireless Router Question

From: Lou Rosse (user_at_domain.invalid)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:01:16 -0700

Leythos wrote:
> I was in a Staples Office supply store where a kid (that
> claimed he was a MCSE and CCNE) was telling a nice lady that all she had
> to do was connect the router and WAP and it would work fine - she didn't
> need to worry about hackers or other people getting into her network
> because she lived in a residential neighborhood where that doesn't
> happen!

I wonder if the kid knew where she lived. Was he a Staples employee or
another shopper? Possibly a wardriver in the making?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: O.T. - Shared Fax on Vonage problem
    ... faulty router, in my opinion. ... get the one Leythos uses. ... Now, my Road Runner phone is another story, the worst service I've had ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: My Wireless Sharing Problem -- Specifics
    ... I'm an MCSE four times over -- I could have written that document. ... There is something in that router that is blocking the network's ability to ... John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: O.T. - Shared Fax on Vonage problem
    ... faulty router, in my opinion. ... get the one Leythos uses. ... that my father-in-law has the same Vonage router, ... dialup modem, and a Brooktrout TruFax fax board in my server (SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: can block specific IP from firewall
    ... But how will depend on what type of router you are using..You can specifically block a single ip address ... Isaac Oben [MCTIP:EA, MCSE] ... Say I allow a block of network addresses in the exceptions ...
  • RE: VPN Connects once then Error 721
    ... tried it before posting my question. ... temporarily put the server in a DMZ and VPN works fine. ... "Leythos" wrote: ... >> a router that will work or replace the router with a modem and plug the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)