Re: Something (Trojan?) Takes Over Mouse

From: Lord Shaolin (abuse_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:10:22 +0100

"PapaBear" <PapaBear@bear.com> wrote in message
news:EmAgb.25027$wC1.15977@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> Some program on my computer takes over the mouse, takes it to the edges of
> the screen and clicks it madly, tiling windows, opening programs etc. I
run
> W2K Pro and I have installed both ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security
> after the problem began - so now the program must reside on my local
drive.
> To stop the mouse mischief, I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del which most often, but not
> always stops the mouse. I see no unusual processes running, so the mouse
> process must be hiding somehow. I checked registry and cannot see any
> unusual programs under RunOnce or Run. I also have Norton Antivirus with
up
> to date virus definitions and nothing is detected.
> Has anybody seen something similar before? I would like to get rid of the
> problem without having to reformat/reinstall.
> Thank you for your advice.

Heh

I had this exact problem before.

With a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse

That's what happens when the circuits start to go.

I chucked it and bought a Logitech MX700.

Try swapping your mouse and see if it goes away.

Also if you want to scan your machine with:

a) Ad-Aware
b) Spybot Search and Destroy
c) TDS-3
d) Online AV scanners (http://www.udsl.com/security_links.php)

HTH

--
                       -+ Shaolin +-
 Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Something (Trojan?) Takes Over Mouse
    ... > the screen and clicks it madly, tiling windows, opening programs etc. ... > W2K Pro and I have installed both ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security ... I see no unusual processes running, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Something (Trojan?) Takes Over Mouse
    ... the screen and clicks it madly, tiling windows, opening programs etc. ... W2K Pro and I have installed both ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security ... I see no unusual processes running, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Something (Trojan?) Takes Over Mouse
    ... the screen and clicks it madly, tiling windows, opening programs etc. ... W2K Pro and I have installed both ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security ... I see no unusual processes running, ...
    (comp.security.misc)