Re: Web Page Hack!!

From: Torti Schlumpf (tortischlumpf_at_arcor.de)
Date: 10/03/03

Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:53:55 +0200

Karel wrote:

> It is a trojan from november 2002 do you think your Definitions are that
> old? And if so just update them nothing will go wrong.

You're wrong. Norton has got lots of problems detecting runtime packed
malware, especially backdoors.

This one is:
Backdoor.Beastdoor.202, upx-runtime packed!

--
Regards, Torti

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Web Page Hack!!
    ... Karel wrote: ... Norton has got lots of problems detecting runtime packed ... malware, especially backdoors. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Web Page Hack!!
    ... Karel wrote: ... Norton has got lots of problems detecting runtime packed ... malware, especially backdoors. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Web Page Hack!!
    ... Karel wrote: ... Norton has got lots of problems detecting runtime packed ... malware, especially backdoors. ...
  • Re: Norton System Works 2007
    ... of Norton can be more tricky. ... very effective but suggest *not* to use the 'Clean the Registry' option. ... Real-time AV applications - for viral malware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: to reformat or to try manual removal...
    ... | going with the "if I scan and find just ADWARE/SPYWARE that say, Norton can't ... The following is a good tool for removing viruses, Trojans and some other malware... ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)