How will I block Kazaa?

From: SURFboard (scwifi_at_scwug.org)
Date: 10/01/03

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:13:59 -0700

Okay, we're all threading about RIAA's FUD sue 'em all, bla-bla-blah.
But here's a problem. My computer challenged compadre got DSL
connection. I got him a D-Link DI-614+ to block Kazaa from his 2 minor
boys (both honor students at magnet school, has laptop provided by the
school). I already blocked the outgoing TCP port 1200 to 1290 but still
they can download MP3 because Kazaa use any open TCP port including port
80. Anyone knows how to effectively block
Kazaa from a hardware router?

Relevant Pages

  • How will I block Kazaa
    ... I got him a D-Link DI-614+ to block Kazaa from his 2 minor boys (both ... honor students at magnet school, has laptop provided by the school). ... download MP3 because Kazaa use any open TCP port including port 80. ... Anyone knows how to effectively block Kazaa from a hardware router? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: looking for a firewall
    ... if you want to use a software firewall ... stop Kazaa, ... Given the ports to have to block to stop Grokster ... successfully block Kazaa without blocking other ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How will I block Kazaa?
    ... >boys (both honor students at magnet school, ... >they can download MP3 because Kazaa use any open TCP port including ... into a DoS of the laptop, and clutter the network with traffic. ... Second trick: ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Blocking Kazaa traffic - how?
    ... >> How do you BLOCK Kazaa and similar p2p traffic without doing a wide ... >> Are there any firewalls that can look inside Kazaa ... > You don't mention which firewall you are using. ... chris at lowth dot sea oh em. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Microsoft ISA Server & Kazaa
    ... I have enabled a packet filter on ISAS for TCP port 1214 ... And Kazaa connects when run on the server itself however on the client ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)