Re: Wireless Network in Home

From: Britten (britten_at_eonet.net)
Date: 09/30/03

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:33:54 -0500

>> Probably want to get a different firewall. Either something like ZoneAlarm
>> or Sygate, or even better an external router with firewall built in
>
>CompUSA has a Belkin router $69.99 - $40.00 = $29.99
>(http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=301825&pfp=BR
>OWSE). Is the firewall on this one pretty good?

yeah.... that one will do you good that way neither of the machines
are directly exposed

Britten

x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NAT Expertise Needed (Cisco,Watchguard,other)
    ... PIX 500 has same limitations as described by watchguard. ... requires that the public interface and the external router be configured ... external router to point the traffic back to the firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: NAT Expertise Needed (Cisco,Watchguard,other)
    ... does Microsoft ISA Server have this problem as well? ... >> requires that the public interface and the external router be configured ... >> external router to point the traffic back to the firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: sbs2003 std
    ... BrianMultiLanguage typed: ... > We have ISA but an external router is easier to work with and less ... you're using is actually a good firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Netscreen 25
    ... Also try clearing the arp cache on the external router. ... on the netscreen 25 firewall. ... > server is 10.128.1.8 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewalls
    ... > The idea of having an external FIREWALL is to stop some rogue programs ... > Windows Firewall does not check outgoing traffic so mass mailing (mainly ... Windows Firewall is enough for most people. ... External router based is there because I use a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)