Re: Linux is as buggy as Windows

From: Just-Dave (dave_at_an.address.with.his.isp)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:16:16 GMT

FromTheRafters wrote:

> I remember arguments about BASIC generating too much
> "spaghetti code" and the "structured languages" being better
> options for that reason. While that was true to a point, the
> BASIC programming language required the programmer to
> have clue in order to produce efficient compiled code. The
> "structured" languages allowed programmers with less clue
> to program, and more less clueful programmers to hold jobs.
> We've traded spaghetti for swiss cheese because less clueful
> programmers have jobs where there is little or no quality
> control. Open source projects yield better code because
> there is an ongoing QC and programmers who program
> for the love of programming.

with this I definitely agree...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Say goodbye to the American software programmer
    ... >programmers today are an endangered species. ... >skilled immigrants taking their jobs. ... >H-1B visas allow skilled foreigners to live and work in the US for up ... >the cap "to ensure American business has access to the talent it needs ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Case sensitivity
    ... it is not influenced by fashion to ... not to choose Forth because there are not many Forth programmers. ... Python jobs around. ... is probably not good for the Forth community. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: F1 Media Business
    ... I agree, it should be possible, but it is another example of Bill ... hardly anyone else that was applying for those jobs at the time knew ... i started learning Cobol about that time with a rip off mob. ... Cobol programmers could just about set their own price well past ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: Industry Calls for More Foreign Programmers
    ... >>> immigration laws regarding highly educated workers in reaction to today's ... >> It would create jobs in the USA because for each PhD and Master's ... They say there are no US programmers, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Global economy and my beautiful youth
    ... > spent a month in the mansion of the company's English CEO. ... > The technology jobs are moving to India. ... These programmers then fuel a consumption boom in India, ...
    (sci.econ)