Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6

From: Steve M (remove wax for reply) (unspam_at_houston.rrwax.com)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:56:43 GMT

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:20:25 -0400, "Marc" <mbrode@mnsi.net> wrote:

>Hi Thore,
>
>When I do as you suggest, I get the following new rule...
>
>"Where the To line does not contain (my email address) and where the CC line
>contains people, delete it from server"
>
>But won't this rule delete all mail on which I am a CC recipient? That would
>seem to include a lot of valid email, as I am often CC'd on mail to others.
>
>Or am I missing something?

No, you're not. I disagree with the advice you've been given and
would not use this rule. I read a couple of mailing lists and my name
does NOT always appear in the To or Cc header.

Also, most of my friends who send jokes and interesting stuff use Bcc.

--
Steve M - unspam@houston.rrwax.com
remove wax for reply

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6
    ... most of my friends who send jokes and interesting stuff use Bcc. ... remove wax for reply ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: The GOPS "civil" war.
    ... ...they need to stop taking fools like Limbaugh and Hannity seriously. ... It was a weekend of victory parties and friends toasting friends full ... But the racism and utterly tasteless Obama jokes in our inboxes, ... There is no goodwill or genuine hope for a successful Obama ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: OT Urgent Alert
    ... :> offending that they lose their humor. ... Among my mixed bag of friends, ... :> the best black jokes, Catholics tell the best Catholic jokes, Poles ... :>>ethnicity in amusing ways if I so choose... ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang)
  • Re: Mainly because I am very curious about myself
    ... Perhaps you don't do jokes, but you certainly don't hide your feelings. ... Nope--custodians, grocery clerks, and the lady sweeping up at the hair salon don't count as "friends." ... involved in gay bashing. ... I went to school with blacks and they were my ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • David Letterman, this is for you
    ... for many reasons. ... Most importantly, your son now has ... just like his little friends. ... jokes, as well as the "I've got no money" jokes. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)