Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6

From: Steve M (remove wax for reply) (unspam_at_houston.rrwax.com)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:56:43 GMT

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:20:25 -0400, "Marc" <mbrode@mnsi.net> wrote:

>Hi Thore,
>
>When I do as you suggest, I get the following new rule...
>
>"Where the To line does not contain (my email address) and where the CC line
>contains people, delete it from server"
>
>But won't this rule delete all mail on which I am a CC recipient? That would
>seem to include a lot of valid email, as I am often CC'd on mail to others.
>
>Or am I missing something?

No, you're not. I disagree with the advice you've been given and
would not use this rule. I read a couple of mailing lists and my name
does NOT always appear in the To or Cc header.

Also, most of my friends who send jokes and interesting stuff use Bcc.

--
Steve M - unspam@houston.rrwax.com
remove wax for reply