Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6

From: kd7sk (kd7sk_at_localnet.com)
Date: 09/27/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:26:09 -0700

I have set Outlook Express mail filters to 'DELETE FROM SERVER' any mail
which contains any of these words in the 'FROM' line. So far it is working
great except that I have to add a new one or two just about every day,
otherwise
I spend a bunch of time waiting for my antivirus to check the incoming mail
then
have to delete half of it any way because of the worms.

(Go to tools>message rules>mail>NEW>"If the FROM line contains
people">(insert one of the words from the list below)>click the bottom box
"Delete from server"......Click OK to save the basic rule.. Next> select
that same rule and click on the word you saved before such as "admin" and a
new box will open for you to type in the next word and ADD to the list then
OK it and click on the last word you added and keep going until you have the
whole list.)

MANY of these are repeated over and over again which you can see if you
check the FROM lines of the incoming JUNK.

admin
administrator
emailprogram
internet delivery
mail delivery
mail service
message service
message storage
MS
microsoft
network system
network email
security center
storage service
storage system
technical assistance
technical bulletin
webroutine

The above are all set to DELETE FROM SERVER so I never see them.
Sorry about the LONG post but IT WERKS FER ME......

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY SURFING.

"Q" <boxcars@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Thore Schmechtig" <WRITETOcommoner@carcosa.de> wrote in
>
> > NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
> >
> > Mailing lists - at least all lists I know - use a very similar
> > procedure to send their contents to you, inserting your valid
> > address in the Envelope-to-field and the basic email address of
> > the list in the To-field, along with usually adding a list-typical
> > string to the subject. Obviously this will create false positives
> > with the above-mentioned email rule that would delete the list
> > messages along with Swen.
>
> Adding the criteriom "Where the message size is more than 135 KB" to he
> Swen-killing rule should let such things as list posts through. 135 KB
> is a bit low for Swen, but I'll leave it to others to adjust upward if
> you like.
>
> --
> "KEEP BIG BROTHER'S HANDS OFF THE INTERNET"
> By Senator John Ashcroft
> <http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itgic/1097/ijge/gj-7.htm>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6
    ... I have set Outlook Express mail filters to 'DELETE FROM SERVER' any mail ... message storage ... The above are all set to DELETE FROM SERVER so I never see them. ... > Swen-killing rule should let such things as list posts through. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: RAM Speicherauslastung
    ... If a ProLiant server has 4 GB of memory installed, ... regions is automatically remapped to above the 4 GB boundary on HP ProLiant ... on the ProLiant BL20p G4 server blade using the Intel ... Any of the following ProLiant servers or StorageWorks Servers and Storage ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • [SLE] OT: Speaking of VMware.....
    ... EMC TO ACQUIRE VMware, ... ADVANCING CONVERGENCE OF SERVER AND ... STORAGE VIRTUALIZATION ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Homebuilt server (NAS/SAN) vs the prefab ones? Peformance differences? SAN vs NAS vs Homebuilt S
    ... a NAS device would do storage only, without the ability to run applications. ... I'm using a Dell PE830 that runs Windows Storage Server. ... specifically because it would run backup applications. ... similar to backup to an external SCSI tape drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: NT 4.0 migration to 2003 AD
    ... Network Attached storage to the DC's is Network Appliance - I mention this ... appliance - acting much like a member server. ... I would provide some information related how to perform migration ...