Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6

From: QQ=AB?= (boxcars_at_gmx.net)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:33:38 GMT

"Thore Schmechtig" <WRITETOcommoner@carcosa.de> wrote in
<news:bkunnu$61jqd$1@ID-87341.news.uni-berlin.de>:

> NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
>
> Mailing lists - at least all lists I know - use a very similar
> procedure to send their contents to you, inserting your valid
> address in the Envelope-to-field and the basic email address of
> the list in the To-field, along with usually adding a list-typical
> string to the subject. Obviously this will create false positives
> with the above-mentioned email rule that would delete the list
> messages along with Swen.

Adding the criteriom "Where the message size is more than 135 KB" to he
Swen-killing rule should let such things as list posts through. 135 KB
is a bit low for Swen, but I'll leave it to others to adjust upward if
you like.

      "KEEP BIG BROTHER'S HANDS OFF THE INTERNET"
              By Senator John Ashcroft
<http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itgic/1097/ijge/gj-7.htm>