Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6

From: Bill (blevins_at_access-4-free.com)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:59:57 GMT

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:40:16 +0200, "Thore Schmechtig"
<WRITETOcommoner@carcosa.de> wrote:

>Every email that arrives in your inbox and does NOT have your valid
>email address in the To- or CC-field is almost guaranteed to be a
>Swen-mail (exceptions see below).

I pointed that out a couple of days ago and someone ( I don't remember
who) indicated that it doesn'twork, which is nonsense as it has
eliminated 100% of Swen from my mailbox. However, I am filtering at
the server level which means I don't have to download them to keep
them from filling up my message queue. Yes, it does work and it
doesn't delete legitimate mail from individuals. Incidently, whe
dropping my filter for a few hours to test I have noticed a sizable
decrease in Swen mail. Only 75 in an 8 hour period.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6
    ... >Swen-mail (exceptions see below). ... However, I am filtering at ... doesn't delete legitimate mail from individuals. ... decrease in Swen mail. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6
    ... I don't fully understand what you mean by "I am filtering at the server ... > doesn't delete legitimate mail from individuals. ... > decrease in Swen mail. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: [SWEN tiny FAQ] How to filter Swen mails with M$OE 6
    ... I don't fully understand what you mean by "I am filtering at the server ... > doesn't delete legitimate mail from individuals. ... > decrease in Swen mail. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Earthlink and Swen
    ... > me they were not filtering out swen (and they certainly weren't; ... - Legitimate mail which cannot be cleaned is quarantined. ... In emergency mode (mail storm), ... that viral mail cannot be denied on delivery. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Orpheus emails and Hotmail
    ... legitimate mail that matched whatever filter they were using? ... force filtering but I know from past conversations that Orph's late ... into their poorly protected systems; what about Obama shutting down 50% ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)