Re: Yet another Mass e-mail worm TM - Gibe-F/Swen-A - E-mail from Microsoft

From: do not spam (spam)_at_xivic.prima.de)
Date: 09/21/03

Date: 21 Sep 2003 21:40:02 +0200

alun@texis.com (Alun Jones [MS MVP]) writes:

>[If MS didn't exist, and we were all using Linux, these guys would _still_
>save attachments out to the disk, drop into a shell, and execute away!]

No, these guys (and gals) wouldn't, because it would be too
complicated for them - they'd never get it right. Think child-proof
bottles.

--
The first entry of Sin into the mind occurs when, out of cowardice or
conformity or vanity, the Real is replaced by a comforting lie.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Yet another Mass e-mail worm TM - Gibe-F/Swen-A - E-mail from Microsoft
    ... >save attachments out to the disk, drop into a shell, and execute away!] ... No, these guys (and gals) wouldn't, because it would be too ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Proposed Assembler Commands
    ... ACM Automatically Clear Memory ... BKCRDR Backspace Card Reader ... BKSPD Backspace Disk ... EIAO Execute In Any Order ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: [opensuse] different types of shell scripts
    ... Execute commands from a file in the current shell. ... This 'execute' the setting of shell/environment variables. ... and what I would consider BAD PRACTICE is running in the current shell things that should be run in a sub-shell or sub-process. ... There was a "Transient Program Area" and the CLI caused the executive to overlay the CLI with the application. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: cdrkit vs. dvd+rw-tools and the dvd iso 4gb max filesize problem
    ... to the halt looking with at the disk). ... FreeBSD will propably use the default cdrtools package and wonder why ... Let's take a look at cdrtools-devel's mkisofs ... If any execute bit is set for a file, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Redirection issue
    ... 1- execute input commands from standard input, ... the phrase "it does not work anymore" carries very little meaning. ... after compilation and execution of the shell with a simple command like ...
    (comp.lang.c)