Re: Which Router for VPN and Webhosting

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 09/20/03

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 02:02:22 GMT

On 19 Sep 2003 18:09:43 -0700, BC spoketh

>Lars M. Hansen <badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote in message news:<8iplmvkl0g2s4pqsihs9f7bv68hrf9mpnn@4ax.com>...
>> On 18 Sep 2003 17:44:56 -0700, BC spoketh
>>

>> >Hmmm, if true, I guess that means nobody at Microsoft has a clue.
>> >Which in turn would mean all the rumors are true.... ;)
>> >
>> >-BC
>>
>> No, it means that all those boasting about Linux being a more secure
>> platform has had their head up their asses for too long.
>>

>> Lars M. Hansen
>> www.hansenonline.net
>
>Sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement. Extremely ridiculous.
>So ridiculous that I think I should contact someone at American
>Heritage Dictionaries and ask him/her to consider using this as
>an example for "ridiculous," as in:

Ok, so we know you are able to spell "ridiculous", but why don't you try
to substantiate your claim that Linux is more secure than Windows...

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which Router for VPN and Webhosting
    ... >> platform has had their head up their asses for too long. ... >> Lars M. Hansen ... to substantiate your claim that Linux is more secure than Windows... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ten least secure programs
    ... Subject: Ten least secure programs ... only someone that's hard up to bash Linux users would assume this. ... > corrected virtually all current and yet to be discovered security issues ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Ten least secure programs
    ... contrary to the statistics. ... corrected virtually all current and yet to be discovered security issues ... with Linux. ... Subject: Ten least secure programs ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Religion... was RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause
    ... there is no A/V software for Linux that protects ... Of course, many of them do run A/V software, but it's to protect Windows ... In today's environment, software *must* be secure first, with usability added ... Microsoft systems take the opposite approach, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: is that a good offer for a server installation?
    ... SO linux based upon kernel 2.6xx ... installation of cwfm (a software that manages files, at first I believed that should be created by them, but then I found out to be free on the net http://cwfm.sourceforge.net) upload and download are managed via http ... they told him that ftp is not secure for this and their program is based ... they use a https connection then it should be secure enough. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)