Re: Which Router for VPN and Webhosting

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 09/16/03

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:02:33 GMT

Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote in
news:uq7cmv0p85utlq89rcq6162a4cqe84jhml@4ax.com:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:23:53 GMT, Lars M. Hansen
> <badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 02:20:59 GMT, Duane Arnold spoketh

>>>That's your opinion is it not? :)
>>>
>>>Duane :)
>>
>>Comparing Win98SE to Win95a/b/c or WinME, I think you'll see that
>>Win98SE comes out as the most stable version...
>
> Indeed, thats what I am presently running. its not wonderful at
> managing memory, but for a well written webserver that should not
> really be an issue and memory is now very cheap.
>
> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

I hear this is true about Win 98SE and its stableness. But on the other
hand, it's old technology that is not being supported by MS. And
therefore, it's not going to put any $$$ in my pockets. Post something
about any major company that is using the out dated Win 98 technology as
a WEB server.

I'll take it even further. Can you find one programming book for WEB
applications in today's environment for this WEB server application and
Win 98?

Duane :)