Re: M$ attack on Common Sense

From: Doctor J. Frink (frink_at_homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk)
Date: 09/12/03

Date: 12 Sep 2003 14:52:38 GMT

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:04:24 +0530, Manoj Paul Joseph
<manoj_paul_joseph@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Connecting to other machines and running programs there is not a Unix only
>feature.
>You can do that on Windows too...
>
>Mac? ;)

You can do it on anything with a network connection of some sort and at
least something akin to telnet or better. That pretty much includes all
machines from old 8bit clunkers upwards (and probably downwards as
well).

Of course, being able to be connected to and have programs run on you
has been much more the preserve of the unix/vms systems until recently.

Frink

--
Doctor J. Frink     : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
See his mind here   : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: M$ attack on Common Sense
    ... >Connecting to other machines and running programs there is not a Unix only ... pjf at cmp dot liv dot ack dot ook ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: M$ attack on Common Sense
    ... >Connecting to other machines and running programs there is not a Unix only ... pjf at cmp dot liv dot ack dot ook ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Wi-Fi question
    ... >> Since I know exactly what machines are going to be ... >> connecting to my net wirelessly I use the MAC permission list ... email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • RDP Connection/Performance Issue
    ... I have been having an issue with rdp - a random issue really - and I ... the remote machines is not immediately seen. ... it could take several minutes to see it launch (forget trying to ... I have the same degree of success if I am connecting ...
  • Re: My computers cant see each other on the net
    ... Perhaps you might consider connecting to the internet through one of the PCs ... connected and you can disable the firewall on the PC that isn't connected ... > enabled on both machines, plus the firewall within the Belkin Router. ...