av software recommendation?

From: sophie (sophie-usenetNOSPAMTHANKYOU_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 09/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:20:38 +0100

sorry if this appears in the FAQ - if it does, could you point me there?

otherwise, do you have a recommendation for the best of the free
anti-virus software? or any reasons for using an expensive one (not
Norton, please. I quite like Macafee, but am not sure if it's really
significantly better than any of the free ones. I don't run OE, btw.

many thanks,

--
sophie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I make an Image visible?
    ... required until the FAQ maintainer eventually removes the recommendation from ... One of the three people you refer to has also said that in the lack of a better book that it was recommended not as a "good book" but as the "least bad book". ... The requests for changes where the changes were given, rather than alluded to, were changed. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Subclassing, Inheritance, RE subclass "constructor" and inherited members
    ... Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 8/28/2007 6:31 PM: ... Shall we not remove that recommendation from the FAQ already? ... How would you have a "realistic chance" of seeing someone quote from a "good book" that doesn't exist? ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: With regard to FAQ postings
    ... Templates take time to produce as well:) It was pure laziness nothing more ... to write FAQ rather than frequently asked questions, just as BTW or LOL. ... > Genealogy posts amongst the glut of petulant bickering. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: How do I make an Image visible?
    ... required until the FAQ maintainer eventually removes the recommendation from ... regulars of comp.lang.javascript. ... regulars of the newsgroup in the FAQ if there is any doubt that not all ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: How do I make an Image visible?
    ... required until the FAQ maintainer eventually removes the recommendation from ... You as a *responsible* FAQ editor leaving a statement in the FAQ that this ... If not, that reason ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)