Re: IE Window popups

From: David Norris (david.norris23_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 09/04/03

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:49:59 +0100

"Pierre" <pierre.natalie@nospamsympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:HwG4b.309$I_2.88118@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> Can someone recommend an easy to use popup blocker. Every time I use the
> Internet it's like watching fireworks. I spend 5 minutes trying to close
> down all the windows that popup.
>
> Much appreciated,
>
> Pierre

If you use NEtscape Navigator, it has a built in means to suppress popups.
And it's free...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: message pop-ups
    ... Internet popups (meaning they are in Internet Explorer or Netscape or ... That is an Internet Web PopUp.. ... To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall ... Open Network Connections ...
  • Re: POP-UPS
    ... Internet popups (meaning they are in Internet Explorer or Netscape or ... That is an Internet Web PopUp.. ... To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall ... Open Network Connections ...
  • WARNING - Long Reply Re: Pop ups keep getting through - and they are driving me NUTS
    ... need to block these with a firewall as a general protection measure. ... Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement ... provide popup messages to users. ... Make sure that you are up-to-date on ALL critical Windows ...
  • Re: strange popup in ie6
    ... going on that are causing people popup difficulties. ... Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement ... Clean Boot - General Win2k/XP procedure, but see below for links for other ... called webwasher which appears to be very good, but decided that AdShield ...
  • Re: Pop up stoppers?
    ... > connected to the Internet with a title bar reading "Messenger Service", ... > provide popup messages to users. ... > 310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)