Re: Keeping an eye on my pc

From: Peter Young (youngpa_at_comcast.no.net.spam.please)
Date: 08/29/03

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:39:00 GMT

"Dave P-B" <dave@spamparrin-bull.co.uk> wrote in message
news:bimm20$jsp$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a piece of software that will record all activity on
my
> pc (file transfers over the network, who logged on etc)

Under NT/2K (and I presume XP - basically all NT OSs) you can set up
performance monitors for this purpose.

-Pete

Relevant Pages

  • Re: networking and password questions
    ... our two computers via LAN to do some file transfers. ... why did a username/password prompt popup when connecting her (XP2 ... only got error message, network not ... Without knowing the exact error message, I can't really address what happened but your friend may have had the firewall configured to disallow LAN traffic. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hijack well-known ports
    ... I realize that there's a point where security costs more than it's ... > IPserves no purpose and is a waste of time and resources, ... All I can say is that I hope you aren't involved with network ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: copying .5 TB of data
    ... I think that xfsdump will be the fastest by a long shot. ... > on a different partition of an origin 3800. ... > a 1 GB private network for NFS, file transfers, etc ... > a 40 GBs numalink network for NFS, file transfers, etc ...
    (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
  • Re: SFTP hang - from VMS to Windows
    ... We get intermittent hangs during file transfers - nothing consistent about which file will be affected nor their sizes. ... sftp> put PC_ASCII_FILE.DAT ... Networks support also state that there is no contention on the network during these incidents. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: win32 modules
    ... > The data I will be collecting is for the sole purpose of gather ... > information about a site and a site configuration. ... a San switch and then a storage array. ... OS or network appliance. ...
    (perl.beginners)