McAfee Firewall Alert. What shall I do?

From: Paddy O'Barnes (inland56_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/29/03

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:13:02 GMT

I'm having problems with a popup. It is a McAfee Firewall Rule Violation,
telling me a programhas tried to access the Internet in a new way. The damn
thing pops up every few
minutes. Of course, my popup killer also pops up to tell me about it. Here
is the information:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
Installed Saturday August 18, 2001
What did it try to do: Outbound UDP/IP, to port 30113, IP address
218.15.192.64

I don't known what it is, what it wants, nor what it will do if I click on
Yes. Would
appreciate any assistance on this. inland56HATESPAM@hotmail.com (Remove
HATESPAM)
Paddy O'Barnes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: message pop-ups
    ... Internet popups (meaning they are in Internet Explorer or Netscape or ... That is an Internet Web PopUp.. ... To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall ... Open Network Connections ...
  • Re: POP-UPS
    ... Internet popups (meaning they are in Internet Explorer or Netscape or ... That is an Internet Web PopUp.. ... To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall ... Open Network Connections ...
  • WARNING - Long Reply Re: Pop ups keep getting through - and they are driving me NUTS
    ... need to block these with a firewall as a general protection measure. ... Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement ... provide popup messages to users. ... Make sure that you are up-to-date on ALL critical Windows ...
  • Re: strange popup in ie6
    ... going on that are causing people popup difficulties. ... Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement ... Clean Boot - General Win2k/XP procedure, but see below for links for other ... called webwasher which appears to be very good, but decided that AdShield ...
  • Re: Pop up stoppers?
    ... > connected to the Internet with a title bar reading "Messenger Service", ... > provide popup messages to users. ... > 310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)