Re: NOD32 for DOS on a floppy?
Date: 08/26/03

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:09:48 GMT

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:30:22 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
<!0000@nomad.fake> wrote:

>"Martin C.E." <> wrote in message news:93E36EEE9DA0F835A@
>> On the NOD32 website it says
>> that NOD32 for DOS fits onto a single floppy.
>> However when I go to
>> and download the installation file at
>> then I find that the extacted files NOD32DOS.EXE and NOD32.000 will
>> not fit onto a freshly formatted floppy (with no boot files).
>> Does this mean that NOD32 no longer runs from a single floppy?
>> What about running it from a bootable CD? Is this possible.
>I assume that if a particular machine can be set to boot
>from a CD, then it will be possible to have that CD carry
>any code that you desire - limited only by its capacity.
>If the machine doesn't support booting from a CD, then a
>boot floppy with support for most CDs could be made.

Usually, you want to create a RAM drive and load the av files to it.
Also, to speed things up you want to load smartdrive as well.
Personally, I don't see the big deal about avoiding the use of a few
diskettes. AVDISK is designed to accomodate NOD:

Of course, there are those PC disasters that now come without floppy
drive. But maybe they aren't suitable for DOS scanners anyway, having
NTFS hard drives. Argh!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NOD32 for DOS on a floppy?
    ... > not fit onto a freshly formatted floppy. ... > Does this mean that NOD32 no longer runs from a single floppy? ... I just created a floppy disk for NOD32 for DOS the other day. ...
  • Re: W2k Pro and Floppy Drive Problem
    ... 1 single floppy does not work under W2k either. ... computer open and remove/install the add-in card for 2 floppy support. ... Manager shows 2 floppies installed and W2k sees the floppies. ...
  • Re: XP boot floppy
    ... >I received a recommendation for using a single floppy ... Any advice on ... > how to get a single-floppy XP boot disk? ...
  • Re: Why not XML based configurationfiles?
    ... Your floppy is a standard? ... OTOH, Toms RootBoot fits on a single floppy (marginally, needs to be a 1.77Mb ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - ...
  • Re: Running DHCP on Firewall
    ... > we were talking about the issues with running a firewall like IPtables ... > many appliances would fit on a single floppy disk. ... "I don't think it runs other services besides DHCP." ...