Re: Computer Security

From: news.planet.nl (morri151_at_planet.nl)
Date: 08/19/03

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:50:51 +0200

"Flores" <RREEFlores3@msn.com> wrote in message
news:2Bq0b.105750$0v4.7433535@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Hi, everyone. I would like to test the integrity of the security of my
> personal computers. I have two computers not connected to each other in
any
> way- one in the living room, the other in the kitchen. How can I retrieve
> files from my kitchen computer from my living room computer using FTP or
> Telnet? I have the kitchen computer's IP address, now what? Any and all
> help will be welcomed. Thank you guys. :-)

If you're not going to connect them then some sort of disk will be in order:
floppy, zip, cd. On the other hand wireless or a cross-cable will likely be
very handy. What has this got to do with security exactly. If the systems
are not connected to anything they should be pretty safe!
Chris

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Insecurity in Finnish parlament (computers)
    ... > It is unlikely that all the computers have the same security ... > (both in TeliaSonera and in our parlament). ... Red herring. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Basic Security Help
    ... a network is weak or no passwords followed by malicious user on your ... -- Use password policy to enforce strong passwords in the domain by enabling ... -- Be sure that computers are kept current of critical security updates from ... Windows Updates or using a SUS server to authorize and distribute security ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
    ... Can Easy To Use Software Also Be Secure ... Anyone who has been working with computers for a long time will have noticed ... because DNS does not configure properly or security permissions are relaxed ... guarantee that no one really knows for sure, not even Microsoft developers. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Is complete home security possible?
    ... > If you are a gamer, some computer games will only run in administrator ... I have a clean disk image made from Norton Ghost, ... security issues to deal with to do it monthly, ... I have been using computers since 76, never had a virus on any of my ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Basic Security Help
    ... > a network is weak or no passwords followed by malicious user on your ... Be sure to educate users of any pending changes to password policy ... > Windows Updates or using a SUS server to authorize and distribute security ... > network including how to isolate and repair infected computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)