Re: Thanks for arch advice - see my photos here

From: QAZ (QAZ_at_gtef.com)
Date: 08/04/03

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:41:35 -0700

Watch out Dark Angel (go search) boasts this function... real or not i
dontknow but check it out.

Regards,
QAZ3D

"Michael Shields" <shields@msrl.com> wrote in message
> In article <y9cWa.807$jg7.12@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, Okay. where would this "content-type" thing be?
>
> It's sent by the web server along with the file. In Netscape or
> Mozilla, you can right-click and select "View Page Info" to see the
> types of the page ("text/html") and its images (for example
> "image/gif").
>
> > I know from experience that I'm probably not safe. But I still wouldn't
> > hesitate to click on a jpg.
>
> A URL ending in ".jpg" may not actually be a JPEG image. It could
> potentially be anything. There is no way to be safe; if your browser
> is going to execute active content when it finds it, then eventually
> it will, because active content could be at any URL.
>
> > You're not specific with your recommendations.
>
> Instead of avoiding attachments and links, get a browser that won't
> ever run executables without your explicit permission. Then you won't
> need to worry about what to click on. If your current browser is
> insecure, complain.
> --
> Shields.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: error 403 front page published web site
    ... Try the browsing the site with the home page name also in the browser like ... 'Default document setting' in the web server. ... Click on the 'Documents' Tab ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Can you tell the date of the web page?
    ... The create date will be the date the the viewer's browser accessed it. ... | date and modified date at the bottom of the dialog. ... | modified date of the current date and time of the web server that creates ...
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] How big is the danger of IE?
    ... The following link details compromised/malicious web servers infecting ... the web server configuration to append the script to all files served by ... method used to compromise the servers. ... switching to another browser may significantly reduce ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] How big is the danger of IE?
    ... The following link details compromised/malicious web servers infecting ... the web server configuration to append the script to all files served by ... method used to compromise the servers. ... switching to another browser may significantly reduce ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: ampersand in urls when using xhtml 1.0 strict
    ... My web server is clearly seeing & and the browser is ... After including this header I was able to remove the encoded ... First, this is very strange because if your browser was displaying the page as HTML, then it was already receiving a content type header from the web server telling it that the page was HTML, or else there was no header and the browser was treating it as HTML by default. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)