Re: [NEWS] Hacker code could unleash Windows worm

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 07/28/03

    Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:47:43 GMT

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:00:49 GMT, Alun Jones [MS MVP] wrote:

    > Wouldn't it be nice if the CNet article
    > bothered to mention this simple security measure? Honestly, it's as if they
    > _want_ people to panic and scream curses.

    I hear where you are at, but if the panic could get into the
    tv/radio/newpaper maybe the public would get their updates. I cannot
    believe I still get Code Red probes.

    • Re: [NEWS] Hacker code could unleash Windows worm
      ... > bothered to mention this simple security measure? ... tv/radio/newpaper maybe the public would get their updates. ... believe I still get Code Red probes. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • <>
      ... > Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification issued: ... > Microsoft also provides information to help customers prioritize monthly security updates with any non-security, high-priority updates that are being released on the same day as the monthly security updates. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... >experience in the field of network security and policy ... >computer security and policy development. ... >updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ... >use, passwords, physical security, backup/disaster ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Cant Display .eml in Outlook Express and Printer Issues
      ... Bitdefender Internet Security '09 - Current ... Which two updates failed to install, ... I am running Bitdefender Internet Security and Prevx 2.0. ...
    • Re: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... >>experience in the field of network security and policy ... >>computer security and policy development. ... >>updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ... >Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)