Re: Book Review - Hacking Exposed 4th Edition

From: Arptro (ssenlowe_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/24/03

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:47:05 -0700

I loved the 3rd edition of the book. I wanted to evaluate some firewalls and
it gave me insights into tools, vulnerabilities, and methods in a detailed
and readable form. It's a solid all-in-one-place way to get a foundation on
security and hacking.

"Elizabeth Poulsom" <Liz.Poulsom@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> The linux one is also very good, also the win2000 is a good reference due
> its popularity.
>
> Kind Regards,
> QAZ3D

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [fw-wiz] Vulnerability Response (was: BGP TCP RST Attacks)
    ... >evolving solution spaces that solve real problems. ... The big problem with host based anything is that the management effort ... >prioritise information about where they are exposed to known vulnerabilities ... Firewalls are perfectly good tools that are regularly mis-used. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: VOIP Security
    ... where each of has own specific vulnerabilities. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ... login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Kerio PF 4.2
    ... In any case I don't look at it as whether it will become obsolete or not, ... that exploits the inherent vulnerabilities is certain firewall technologies ... And as with all of these personal firewalls, ... versions of some of these personal firewalls are already somewhat dated. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Software firewall for .NET?
    ... The things that make application aware firewalls great for client can make ... This is obviously unacceptable for server ... Most personal firewalls don't protect against the things to which servers ... *unknown* application vulnerabilities, which is a pretty tall order. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)