Please help cannot set homepage

From: richmac (rich_mac_at_totalfaked.com)
Date: 07/17/03

    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:18:15 GMT

    My IE browser has probably been hijacked.
    I've cleaned with Spybot and Ad Aware, the latter reported possible hijack
    events.

    Now my browser has lost most of its settings, and I cannot set my homepage,
    which is replaced with something like http:////

    When I go to Control Panel internet settings, I find all 3 options for
    setting home page greyed out.

    Please advice on what I can do to restore.

    Rich

    • Re: Please help cannot set homepage
      ... > I've cleaned with Spybot and Ad Aware, the latter reported possible hijack ... > Now my browser has lost most of its settings, ... You will find a great little program there called BHODemon (BHO - Browser ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Please help cannot set homepage
      ... > Now my browser has lost most of its settings, ... copy and paste the contents of the Hijack This log into your new message. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Setting Standards for Text
      ... > find most browser default settings to be on the ... When you're making your designs flexible enough, ... browser, whatever it may be. ... Mozilla) and setting it to disregard font settings below a certain ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
    • Re: OE as Default
      ... Do I still need to reset my Web settings? ... How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser ... Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser - ...
    • Re: High CPU Usage
      ... but XP had some problems with high cpu usage. ... You could try a different browser, ... You could check to make sure Adobe Flash is the current version. ... BIOS settings for optimal values instead of default values. ...
      (comp.lang.asm.x86)