Re: Looking for particular kind of password-protection program

From: neopolaris (.)
Date: 07/08/03

    Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:09:13 -0400

    Are you saying you desire passwords for your passwords or that you need a
    password manager? Consider using very "strong" passwords and change them
    frequently. Wait I just reread your example. What OS are you using?

    neopolaris
    "JJ Marquez" <jjjjmarquez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What almost all of the encryption and protection programs do is "hide" the
    > file or folder, so it doesn't show up in an Explorer window, or (more
    > importantly to me) in the File Open command of a program's File Menu. This
    > means you have to know what files you have, and where they are, then
    > "unlock" them so that an application can access them.
    >
    > Ideally, I'd love to find a password-protection program that will behave
    > exactly as if it were the password-protection component of *another*
    > application.
    > Example: I'm in a program, click on File/Open, and see a full list of
    files
    > but when I try to open one, I am prompted to supply a password.
    >
    > If anyone could do that, I'd buy it in a snap.

    • Re: Looking for particular kind of password-protection program
      ... Are you saying you desire passwords for your passwords or that you need a ... > importantly to me) in the File Open command of a program's File Menu. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • RE: manage passwords not working
      ... Go to the tools menu in IE and enable auto filling for forms and passwords. ... I personally suggest using Firefox or a password manager such as the Norton ... > sharepoint site I don't want to continually login to so I set it up in ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Paypal Hacked
      ... The group announced it had leaked 28,000 alleged account passwords through ... several Twitter accounts as part of an organised protest on Guy Fawkes Day. ... A good friend, who passed away last year, swore by password manager ...
      (rec.crafts.metalworking)
    • Re: GnuPG Webpage on Fedora Core 3
      ... Nathaniel Hall wrote: ... > | I have a feeling you aren't thinking straight, ... > I want to be able to store passwords for lookup, ... Under Tools Password manager. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Firefox and MOZILLA_HOME
      ... directory with all of its subdirs to the E:\mozdata. ... passwords are still missing! ... I am having a password manager problem with SeaMonkey as well. ...
      (comp.os.os2.apps)