Re: Help! PopUps with No Browser running!

From: Redwop G (wow_at_wowsat.com)
Date: 07/02/03

Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:14:47 GMT

i believe you are referring to the WINDOWS messaging service popups. this
does not require any browser to be open to receive spam advertising and
such.

ask your company's administrator to close ports 135,137-139, and 445 (unless
of course they are needed for company use)...

R Green

R. Green
Technical Service Advisor
 www.wowsat.com