Re: Evidence Eliminator... NOT AN AD, I promise

From: Richard (ahys14293_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 06/30/03

Date: 30 Jun 2003 08:03:33 -0700

I doubt that EE stores and sends the info wiped off to FBI, MI5 etc.
If EE was used for a 'sting operation', it would surely be free, or
much cheaper so it is accessible to all.
EE does not attempt to connect to the internet (apart from during
updates) so it can't be sending anything via the internet.
I have never been able to recover any file deleted by EE with a number
of data recovery tools, so EE wipes the files very securely.

"Charles Summers" <charles-summers@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<a71ecc764fa8158f07bcf65fdb5b1012@free.teranews.com>...
> Opps... I forgot to change my name back from 18436572!
>

> "18436572" <18436572@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I'm not that paranoid... but after reading the info about the company that
> > make EE, I highly doubt that would be the case. Sounds like just another
> > couple of guys wanting to get rich to me, and doing whatever they can to
> get
> > their product known. Glad that Secret Weapon Lures doesn't need to spam
> like
> > that. (Shameless plug, not intended. LOL)
> >
> > I did load it on my laptop, with Zone Alarm Pro running, and it didn't try
> > to make any outbound connections.
> >

> > "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > I've always been Leary of Evidence Eliminator. As hard as that one has
> been
> > > pushed, in the newsgroups, and by e-mail spammers, I've always been a
> little
> > > suspicious of a possible sting operation. By this I mean, "what if" it
> > > gathered all the info you wanted to wipe out, and sent it to some
> agency,
> > > for analysis? Scary thought!
> > >
> > > Bill Crocker

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ya Gotta Love It
    ... to seduce a 14-year-old girl over the internet. ... sting operation, but it's good to know who are some of the people ... it's been all over CNN. ... the Internet is a drunk librarian who ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Ya Gotta Love It
    ... to seduce a 14-year-old girl over the internet. ... sting operation, but it's good to know who are some of the people ... the Internet is a drunk librarian who ... -- Dorothy Gambrell ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Ya Gotta Love It
    ... to seduce a 14-year-old girl over the internet. ... sting operation, but it's good to know who are some of the people ... our military victory in Iraq into a second Vietnam quagmire. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Rants
    ... Oh Newbie, this is the internet!! ... Dingbats abound here!! ... Whoever this MI5 dingbat is, he is getting his rocks off this way. ... about free speech and the use thereof by it's citizens. ...
    (rec.gardens.orchids)
  • Ya Gotta Love It
    ... So some 50something guy with Homeland Security gets busted for trying ... to seduce a 14-year-old girl over the internet. ... sting operation, but it's good to know who are some of the people ...
    (rec.arts.tv)