Re: COTSE?

From: Dave Korn (no.spam_at_my.mailbox.invalid)
Date: 06/28/03

    Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:37:10 +0100

    "Stephen K. Gielda" <steve@No-Spam-packetderm.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.19658ffff7360748989a19@news.supernews.com...

    > > BUt if you just want privacy to get away from freaks
    > > and the like I would say COTSE is better...
    > >

    > That's true, we aren't designed to give you anonymity from the US
    > government because we operate under their laws. However, I don't think
    > anonymizer can provide that either for much the same reasons. If you
    > need that kind of anonymity don't trust any single service, use the
    > remailers.
    >
    > /steve

      You could always run a mix-based web proxy like JAP, ya know... ever
    thought about it ? Best thing since freedom.net IMO.

            DaveK

    --
    moderator of
    alt.talk.rec.soc.biz.news.comp.humanities.meow.misc.moderated.meow

    • Re: Anonymous linux distros?
      ... coercion, false threats, to a government. ... so you are reinforcing that which you fear. ... anonymity since people can choose a username that doens't match their ... There was a Nazi Germany before the SS and the kamps, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: OT: A blow against modem cowardice...
      ... >>It may interest you to know James, that the Founding Fathers knew all too ... >>well that anonymity is a necessity. ... >citizens should be free to do say today. ... >speaking their opinions for or against the government. ...
      (alt.smokers.cigars)
    • Re: In support of Keith
      ... go to a public place with open wifi and send it from there (e.g. ... From what email account? ... Anonymity tech has moved on, ... The government never did figure out who sent those anthrax letters ...
      (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
    • Re: Anonymous linux distros?
      ... society once you've chosen that. ... of the government, too afraid to say anything so they hide. ... Your anonymous words will never have the power of those who put their name ... There's always been a certain level of anonymity since people can choose a username that doens't match their ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Intel Official: Say Goodbye to Privacy
      ... United States changed their definition of privacy. ... Privacy no longer can mean anonymity, says Donald Kerr, the principal deputy ... The central witness in a California lawsuit against AT&T says the government ... is vacuuming up billions of e-mails and phone calls as they pass through an ...
      (misc.survivalism)