Re: KazAa ?

From: ~~ (FNORD_at_CHAOS.DADA)
Date: 06/26/03

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:34:44 GMT

"RCS" <spidermanrulez_898@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1056597846.688030@drone5.qsi.net.nz...
> have you had Gator on the system?
> i have just finished cleaning a client site that had this same sot of
> problem and it all started with Gator.
> In my opinion both Gator and Kazaa should been baned from use as they
cause
> WAAAAAYYYYY to many issues.
>
> check in your registery to make sure that it is not on the system

Nope, no Gator. I have never downloaded KazAa or KazAa-lite into this
computer, so I am wondering... Could it be a bot posing as KazAa? It's
weird, because I get about 300 packets containing sub-7 trojans everyday.

> " ~~" <FNORD@CHAOS.DADA> wrote in message
> > For the last few weeks KazAa has been trying to send packets which
contain
> > sub-7 trojan. It's being blocked by the firewall, but the thing is: I've
> > never used KazAa in my system. Anyone have any ideas why this service
> would
> > be sending trojans to people who have never even been to the KazAa site?
> >
> > Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: KazAa ?
    ... i have just finished cleaning a client site that had this same sot of ... problem and it all started with Gator. ... In my opinion both Gator and Kazaa should been baned from use as they cause ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: KazAa ?
    ... No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender. ... > problem and it all started with Gator. ... Kazaa is known to have ad/spyware installed. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: KazAa ?
    ... spyware from being used / installed on my clients networks ... is there a website or list of more blocking keywords for this program ... > problem and it all started with Gator. ... > In my opinion both Gator and Kazaa should been baned from use as they ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Need a good easy to install/admin firewall program to block commerical msg.
    ... Would you by chance be using Kazaa? ... passed right on by the part where they ask you if you don't want to install ... clue how you got infected with Gator. ... > instant msg service is call Gator. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Gator and other problems
    ... Bonzai Buddy, or KaZaA, and their remnants, that you've deliberately ... It's even possible to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your ... > My firewall poped up a message that says would I like to let Gator ... I have tried to delete the folder, but it wont let me. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)