Re: Windows Indexing File

From: Poop Dogg (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 06/24/03

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:27:10 -0500

"Dddd" wrote in message <3ddd9985.0306240444.53f6f9e4@posting.google.com>...
>You may look here http://www.antispypro.com/antispy/indexdatpage.html
>- there is the information, that you want to know about index.dat. You
>can't delete this files, you can just clean them up.

Oh, you all are talking about the infamous index.dat file. It is
protected in Windows mode, but you can boot to DOS and erase it.
I added a line to Autoexec.bat to erase it and all the cookies
each time I boot the computer.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Indexing File
    ... >> You can't delete this files, you can just clean them up. ... but you can boot to DOS and erase it. ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Card Read monitor error 9360 4.5
    ... If not do some clean ... boot troubleshooting to see what's loading at startup to cause it. ... How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home working (?) but no desktop!
    ... he has had a long battle to clean it up. ... >>Packard Bell screen but does not show the desktop, Start button, task bar ... > Boot to safe mode F8 twice. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: FC4 Crached / Hached or what it is, --- please help
    ... 2f 4 home -> clean, ... 4of4 swap could not umount it to run e2fsck on it ... >> Normal boot time error is ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: MOT diesel emissions test
    ... low reading is to boot it everywhere, with frequent visits up to the ... this keeps the injectors fairly clean and lubricates the fuel system as ... engine management system's tiny brain in order. ... so the thing is going to run as clean as possible. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)