Re: locking computer from others use

From: MartyM (me_at_overhere.com)
Date: 06/18/03

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:47:16 GMT

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:09:54 +0200, "Frode"
<news@mascot.REMOVETOREPLY.dyndns.org> wrote:

>I still vote for complete harddrive encryption. It's invisible apart from
>pre-boot authentication, and the performance impact shouldn't be noticeable
>unless under extreme circumstances. It's also a helluva lot cheaper than
>upgrading operating system.

Do you have experience with encryption? Any suggestions on what
product would be best?

MartyM
any junk email sent to my address constitutes permission
to use the sender's computer for any purpose I desire.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Big Green Egg - Whats The Book On it?
    ... cost/benefit factor? ... They're a helluva lot cheaper than a lotta metal boxes that won't last ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: litrebike 2nd hand pricing
    ... darsy wrote: ... cheaper than the equivalent R1 or GSXR thou - any thoughts on why this ... Just too extreme for many, ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Diesel-RV Yahoogroups
    ... resolved to keep my blood boiling in future. ... I should be charging for my services.... ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: HDMI cables
    ... whole helluva lot cheaper than local! ... Hey, they were $2.79 and raised 'em to $4.79 the same day, that's a ... If they were $2.79 then they were on sale, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)