Re: Please help - security

From: colbyco (colbyco_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/26/03

Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 03:33:36 GMT

no false alarms...everytime you are connected to the net, it connects with a
central station. If you report your pc lost or stolen, it the central
station looks through it's logs to see when your pc last connected and the
ip. That can then be used to recover the pc.

Problem is that it is software driven and easy to defeat. I need a hardware
version of this if one exists.