Re: IP Address security

From: Lord Shaolin (abuse_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 04/28/03

    Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:39:24 +0100

    "Armin Krawinkel" <geschrei@gmx.at> wrote in message
    news:J6Yqa.46822$v62.512630@news.chello.at...
    > Colonel Flagg announced in
    > <MPG.1915d06d6d27b2a989966@news.charter.net>:
    >
    > > In article <Y2Tqa.40561$v62.431265@news.chello.at>, geschrei@gmx.at
    > > says...

    > >> trying to hide your ip address is silly and impossible
    > >>

    > > It's easy to hide your IP address by going through proxies.
    > >

    > the proxy knows your ip then. you cannot hide your ip because then
    > packets that should go to your machine would not know where you are.
    > apart from that not all protocols are proxyable (is that a word?)

    I take it you haven't come across TCP/IP sequence prediction or session
    hijacking then?

    Remember young grasshopper nothing is impossible.

    --
                           -+ Shaolin +-
     Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ NEW PROXY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ... 2008 new myspace proxy ... 2009 new internet proxies ... american web proxy new list ... brand new proxy lists ...
      (sci.anthropology)
    • Re: NFS Authentication
      ... I normally use a client such as Chameleon ... >> to a separate 'PCNFS' authentication daemon which then uses the proxy ... >> but it certainly is an ordeal for me to get the proxies right these days. ... Using PCNFS means that you need a username and password to get ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • [Full-disclosure] Insecure Defaults In PPLiveAV Client
      ... Anyone who has followed public proxy lists in the past year has noticed ... proxies from these public lists. ... and pockets of the US where Chinese is likely to be spoken. ... These proxies are built into the PPLiveAV client to retrieve an internal ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Are There Any Web Based Remailers Left?
      ... my method of a well-applied four-hop proxy (3 Tor ... Header stripping is not anonymity. ... And you won't find my end proxies in Tor's directories! ...
      (alt.privacy)
    • Re: How to use proxies and surf safe
      ... There are anonymous proxies, and transparent proxies, ... > and you want to choose an anonymous proxy that totally masks your IP ... > from the website which you connect to. ... > more anonymous (though the real test of anonymity is whether the proxy ...
      (alt.computer.security)