Re: Problem installing IE 6

From: Donut (none@none.com)
Date: 04/15/03

From: Donut <none@none.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 03:28:12 GMT

G. Morgan <wacograham@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:cenm9vgie2l4taghunl4q2q7mfe2v0qv5v@4ax.com:

> Some guy named Donut <none@none.com> Proclaimed on 15 Apr 2003
> 00:05:02 GMT,
>
>>Never mind. I just formatted the disk and did a clean install. Needed
>>doing anyway.
>>
>>I remember how IE got "broke" now. I use MS Works Word Processor (hey,
>>it came on the computer.) There was no installation disk, so I bought
>>one on ebay for backup purposes. Naturally, I had to reinstall it at
>>some point. The disk I bought was machine specific, and insisted on
>>installing IE 5.01 if it couldn't detect IE. Naturally, it couldn't
>>detect IE 5.5 since it didn't know about it. I stopped the process as
>>soon as I saw it begin, but obviously some files got overwritten.
>>
>>I tried reinstalling IE 5.5 from the WinME disk, but apparently there
>>was some corruption of IE from within Windows. It worked fine, but
>>would not allow IE 6 to install.
>>
>>Long winded explanation for a simple problem, really.
>

> Glad you fixed it. I take it after reformatting you installed a
> better OS than Windoze me??? :)
>
> -Graham

I had to reinstall what I have. :(

I ordered Peanut Linux today. Problem is that Linux does not (yet) support
built in Winmodems like mine. I'll have a chance to learn how to use it
before buying a new modem. Could be that Linux will have support for these
modems one day, too.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Grub Read Error on 1st boot after install
    ... > I'm new to Linux. ... > won't boot now. ... > install Linux on. ... use a second hard disk rather than just different partitions on ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Grub Read Error on 1st boot after install
    ... > The new disk that I hopefully installed Linux on is setup on the 2nd ... > what I've done so that I can salvidge my Windows install. ... Because the intial boot program is small and very ... > use it for the complete Linux install. ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Second hard drive needs formatting after XP reload
    ... perfectly before the reinstall - I know receive this message: ... The disk in drive F is not formatted. ... I didn't touch the F Drive (2nd HDD). ... a SATA driver issue is involved since you did a fresh install of the XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CD images, ISO
    ... I am sure that I am not trying to access HFS+. ... internet access onto linux. ... If you omit a package during the initial install, ... I did, however, burn a disk with the ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... Disk 3 as being 2.2TB, as then, you can view files. ... Come up with an environment, where the Acronis driver can turn ... then install to C: again using your WinXP CD. ... Use the internal Linux CD they have ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)