Re: Anyone remember the idea of hiding networks as a defense that made news a few years ago?

From: derek / nul (abuse@sgrail.org)
Date: 04/07/03

    From: derek / nul <abuse@sgrail.org>
    Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 08:13:39 GMT

    Look for NAT

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 20:20:33 GMT, PosterJoe <Power-Poster@power-post.org> wrote:

    >A few years ago someone, maybe the government came up with a way to hide
    >networks which was said to be revolutionary in network security because instead
    >of creating walls as a defense it kept the network hidden. I know since it
    >hasn't made the news since then it was probably found ineffective but i'm still
    >interested in how it worked. Anyone know what i'm talking about or where i can
    >find more information about this? I have tried google with no luck :(
    >

    >Thanks,
    >PJ

    • Re: Wireless Router and MCE
      ... The walls on one side are chicken wire ... It sounds from what everyone is saying that an "a" router is what I am going ... > (which is the source of the recommendation that you segment your wireless ... > - running the microwave may interfere with your network performance on g ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • Re: Video Server and Distribution
      ... using MCE in a domain-based network. ... The wireless video gizmo feature may actually become useful when ... labels on the sticker, explain their meaning, and put wire in the walls. ...
      (comp.home.automation)
    • Foreign Hackers Stole 24,000 Military Files, Pentagon Says
      ... Defense Secretary William J. Lynn disclosed Thursday. ... instance of hackers successfully penetrating the Pentagon’s cyber ... formal cyber strategy. ... network run by the U.S. Central Command. ...
      (sci.math)
    • Foreign Hackers Stole 24,000 Military Files, Pentagon Says
      ... Defense Secretary William J. Lynn disclosed Thursday. ... instance of hackers successfully penetrating the Pentagon’s cyber ... formal cyber strategy. ... network run by the U.S. Central Command. ...
      (it.comp.macintosh)
    • REVIEW: "Network Security Assessment", Chris McNab
      ... Chapter one defines network security assessment somewhere between ... Chapter twelve lists certain UNIX RPC (Remote Procedure ...
      (alt.computer.security)