Re: HOW TO SECURE INTERNET BROWSERS

From: rm -rf /bin/laden (I'm-still-hung@veryLooooooo.com)
Date: 04/03/03

From: "rm -rf /bin/laden" <I'm-still-hung@veryLooooooo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:49:55 GMT

Damn Debbie....I backed out of these news groups about 6 months ago and you
got absolutely no respect then....your still here....don't you learn?
beefs o'lady....there's something to be proud of...."Hey everybody I'm ball
& chain to a guy called BEEF.....I'm proud....and classy too <Burp><fart> Oh
excuse me"

learn you will not..
a failure your book shall be

"Tracker" <"snailmail(remove)222"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> where the credit is due.
>
> HOW TO SECURE INTERNET BROWSERS:
>
> I will show you how to set the security settings on your browser's in a
> way that you are protected from "Trouble-Maker" ActiveX.
>
> Let's start with Internet Explorer.
>
> A. Select the Tools menu and click on "Internet Options".
> B. Select the Security tab - Just make sure the Internet zone is
> selected which is the default.
> C. Select the "Custom level" button. A new window will open labeled
> "Security Settings".
> D. Near the bottom of the window, you will see "Reset custom
> settings". Always make sure the setting is set to Medium. If not,
> select the arrow and pull down the list, select medium, and then select
> the Reset button.
> E. Within the Settings sub-window there is a long list of settings.
> Scroll through the list and set them to match the ones I have specified
> below. You can ignore changing any other feature.
>
> Under "ActiveX controls and plug-in":
> a. Prompt: Download signed ActiveX controls
> b. Disable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls
> c. Disable: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
> d. Prompt: Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
> e. Disable: Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
>
> Under "Java":
> a. High safety: Java permissions
>
> Under "Miscellaneous":
> a. Disable: Access data sources across domains
> b. Prompt: Drag and drop or copy and paste files
> c. Disable: Launching programs and files in and IFRAME
> d. Disable: Navigate sub-frames across different domains
> e. Medium: Software channel permissions
>
> Under "Scripting":
> a. Prompt: Active scripting
> b. Disable: Allow paste operations via script
> c. Prompt: Scripting of Java applets
> d. Select the OK button. This will put you back in the Internet
> Options window
> e. Select the Advanced tab. A long list of settings will be present
> f. Under "Browsing"; make sure "Enable Install on Demand" is off
> g. Select the OK button
> h. Start to enjoy the freedom of privacy
>
> If you use Netscape, you don't have the same security worries as with
> Internet Explorer because Netscape does not support ActiveX.
>
> 1. Select the Edit menu and select "Preference". A new window will
> open.
> 2. Under Category, select Advanced.
> 3. Make sure the following two settings are turned off:
> a. Enable Java Script for Mail and News
> b. Send e-mail address as anonymous FTP password
> 4. If you want a very high degree of security, you can turn off by
> un-checking/removing the check mark from the box "next to":
> a. Enable Java
> b. Enable Java-Script
>
> Disabling Java, and Java-Script, may cause some Web Sites to not load
> properly, but there have been very few Web Sites which won't. You can
> always enable Java, and Java Script, for the one Web Site which may

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HOW TO SECURE INTERNET BROWSERS
    ... Disable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls ... Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting ... High safety: Java permissions ... > Disabling Java, and Java-Script, may cause some Web Sites to not load ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: HOW TO SECURE INTERNET BROWSERS
    ... Disable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls ... Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting ... High safety: Java permissions ... > Disabling Java, and Java-Script, may cause some Web Sites to not load ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • HOW TO SECURE INTERNET BROWSERS
    ... Letís start with Internet Explorer. ... Disable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls ... Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting ... Disabling Java, and Java-Script, may cause some Web Sites to not load ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)