Re: VNC Help

From: Coyote (spartus90@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/25/03

From: spartus90@hotmail.com (Coyote)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:11:59 GMT

>Hi all, thanks for the advice on my last posting. I downloaded VNC, and
>installed it on my ws as a server, and the only way to connect to another
>machine was to install it as a server there. My prob is that when yuo click
>on icon in the systray, the user can change the password in the box that
>pops up.

On the machine with the server installed. Delete the string value in
the registry that starts the taskbar icon. It is:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\WinVNC

There should be a shortcut to launch the service helper in the future.
If not, the command is "winvnc -servicehelper"

Also, the client does not need to have VNC installed. It only needs
vncviewer.exe

>I trie d going to the user WS and going into listen mode, but when I logged
>on from my admin machine all it did was delegate control of my ws to the
>user station. I know I am doing something wrong, but what?

Assuming I understand what you mean. WinVNC shows exactly what you
will see if you're using the machine physically. You cannot log in as
another interactive user.

-C

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... everywhere and sitting on the case of the server is the old board - balanced ... slip stream SBS you would have had it ages ago. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ... updates that need to be applied if one is to have a succesful outcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... everywhere and sitting on the case of the server is the old board - balanced ... slip stream SBS you would have had it ages ago. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ... updates that need to be applied if one is to have a succesful outcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... the old array was a raid 5 that should not have become so rooted but the twit who built the server did not actually enable the spare drive to act as a spare!! ... The problem is SBS is unique and I've rarely if ever seen it work. ... The server has been chugging away in a small business environment for several years and I have administered it for them for about a year making sure that the updates were installed and their mailboxes were managed etc etc. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get the original 2003 server install to cope with the new hardware and it falls over part way into the install - BSOD bit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • unsubmit
    ... Using a development server also [Roberto ... Can't find cable Internet connec [Roberto ... You can fix that manually by 'apt-get install ... > development machine, so if the production server goes down, we can ...
    (Debian-User)