Re: VNC Help

From: Coyote (spartus90@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/25/03

From: spartus90@hotmail.com (Coyote)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:11:59 GMT

>Hi all, thanks for the advice on my last posting. I downloaded VNC, and
>installed it on my ws as a server, and the only way to connect to another
>machine was to install it as a server there. My prob is that when yuo click
>on icon in the systray, the user can change the password in the box that
>pops up.

On the machine with the server installed. Delete the string value in
the registry that starts the taskbar icon. It is:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\WinVNC

There should be a shortcut to launch the service helper in the future.
If not, the command is "winvnc -servicehelper"

Also, the client does not need to have VNC installed. It only needs
vncviewer.exe

>I trie d going to the user WS and going into listen mode, but when I logged
>on from my admin machine all it did was delegate control of my ws to the
>user station. I know I am doing something wrong, but what?

Assuming I understand what you mean. WinVNC shows exactly what you
will see if you're using the machine physically. You cannot log in as
another interactive user.

-C