mail filtering policy

From: Doug Fox (dfox168@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/22/03

From: "Doug Fox" <dfox168@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:31:36 GMT

Our firewall blocks incoming mail if there are over 50 recipients in the cc
(carbon copy) field. One day, a customer sent us a mail with over 50
recipients, therefore the firewall blocked the mail. This customer reported
the situation to its contacts at work. As a result, we are instructed to
allow over 100 recipients in the cc field.

As I understand, the filtering policy is to prevent spamming, prevent mail
generated by worms, etc.

How do most companies handle this situation? How many recipients are
allowed in the cc field?

Any info are appreciated.

Regards,

Relevant Pages

  • mail filtering policy
    ... Our firewall blocks incoming mail if there are over 50 recipients in the cc ... (carbon copy) ... a customer sent us a mail with over 50 ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: PlusNet plc/Force9 breach DPA
    ... The letter sent out by PlusNet to recipients of the data adjusts the ... This email contained the following customer ... ignoring the gentlemanly: "I would ask that you disregard the contents ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: mail filtering policy
    ... > Our firewall blocks incoming mail if there are over 50 recipients in the ... > recipients, therefore the firewall blocked the mail. ... This customer ... if sender on whitelist, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: mail filtering policy
    ... > Our firewall blocks incoming mail if there are over 50 recipients in the ... > recipients, therefore the firewall blocked the mail. ... This customer ... if sender on whitelist, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: relay problems
    ... >> I have a customer with an SBS 2003 server who is having ... >> intermittent problems sending outbound email to various ... >> recipients, otherwise their email is working fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)