Re: port and process info

From: Colonel Sam Flagg, U.S. Army Intelligence (colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 03/19/03

    From: colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org (Colonel Sam Flagg, U.S. Army Intelligence (ret))
    Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:24:33 -0500

    In article <DxSda.166423$sf5.89034@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>,
    mcallahan215@attbi.com says...
    > hi,
    > i'm trying to find info or a "list" of the ports on my computer and what
    > they're typically used for. I've downloaded "Active Ports" on the advice of
    > someone in this group(thanks Doug) but am having a little trouble
    > interpretating it.
    >
    > Apparently i have a couple of "established" ports open(1525,1605), using
    > "unknown" processes, with remote IPs originating from Russia, and Finland.
    > these connections are highlighted in red by Activeport ??? I've also
    > downloaded several trojan scanners and they've found nothing.
    >

    > Also can someone tell me how to identify,by name, each service using each
    > svchost process? they're listed under C:/WinnT/system32/svchost.exe, but i
    > cannot locate them.
    >
    > I appreciate any help. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area, and am
    > trying to track down recent problems i'm having with my computer.....one by
    > one by one by one by.....................:o(
    >

    > thanks,
    >

    > mike

    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/
    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net
    Wanna ask a question in Usenet?
    Everything about Usenet answered:
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/answers.html
    America WILL NOT forget 9-11-01

    • SBS Premium/ISA --- what are we missing?
      ... We're having a lot of trouble with the ISA2004 in SBS Premium. ... port connections, but they drop all the time --- the connections are very, ... it was a fresh install on a new server, the server tests out just fine, and ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Using generate statement in Verilog
      ... I get into trouble when I try to ... port connections. ... Note that the 2005 version of the IEEE-1364 Verilog ... DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how ...
      (comp.lang.verilog)
    • Re: Using generate statement in Verilog
      ... I get into trouble when I try to ... port connections. ...   generate ... Note that the 2005 version of the IEEE-1364 Verilog ...
      (comp.lang.verilog)
    • Re: Using generate statement in Verilog
      ... I get into trouble when I try to ... create multiple instances of a module which contains bus. ... port connections. ...
      (comp.lang.verilog)