Re: how to clear content of DAT-files?

From: LarryLamb (Laughingboy47@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/17/03

From: "LarryLamb" <Laughingboy47@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:59:43 -0000

--
<mapsitna@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:2b3c7vk21ehi5tj1jod45j72372f869nlb@4ax.com...
> "LarryLamb" <Laughingboy47@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hidden files like Index.dat, records your internet activities.
> >This free program (RegSeeker) lets you look inside hidden files like
> >Index.dat.
>
> Does Microsoft provide a utility to view the content of these files?
> If not, what is their purpose?
>
> --
> Carey Gregory
> Windows Print Drivers and Components
> http://www.gw-tech.com
No!
According to Microsoft, these files are used to cache visited Web sites to
help speed up the loading of Web pages in Internet Explorer. Obviously this
cannot be the case because when you clear the Temporary Internet Files the
"index.dat" files remain behind and continue to grow.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ISA 2006 std
    ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... Need to Authenticate from ADS i.e take the user database from ADS only ... All microsoft web sites, all internal web sites, all cisco web sites ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • RE: ISA Server Error Displaying web pages
    ... I understand that you cannot access Internet ... and internal web sites after you establish VPN connection for third office. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ISA Server Error Displaying web pages
    ... I understand that you cannot access Internet ... and internal web sites after you establish VPN connection for third office. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)