Re: limiting the 'ps' command

From: kare langedrag (klangedr@broadpark.no)
Date: 03/15/03

From: "kare langedrag" <klangedr@broadpark.no>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:11:48 +0100

the solutions should be simple...

as you say, you only want user to run 'ps -u $LOGNAME' and nothing else

you can solve this easily by disallowing all users to run the ps command
(disable the executable bit for others...)

then you can make your own ps file which is a just a bash script that
executes the ps -u $LOGNAME command
and put it in /usr/bin (and eventually move the old ps filt to /urs/sbin or
something...)

"Erald Troja" <etroja@albunix.org> skrev i melding
> i am trying to find out a way to limit regular users in the way they use
> the 'ps' command
>
> e.g when one does 'ps -A' or 'ps -e' one would be able to only see one's
> own processes...in other terms i like to have users only be able to do
> 'ps -u $LOGNAME' and nothing else
>
> restricting users so they only see what processes they are running is
> what i'm trying to do
>
> -thanx in advance
> -Erald Troja
> etroja@albunix.org
> eraldtroja@speakeasy.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xp_cmdshell default path (system32) problem
    ... purge all files from a given directory. ... that xp_cmdshell ALWAYS executes under the security context of defined ... I'm use xp_cmdShell to execute "erase" command like ... I haven't executed the actual erase statements yet but rather have been ...
  • Re: Newbie question on C library system() function
    ... rest of my app executes. ... printer to see whether it completed a command yet. ... the characters to the printer, but the characters are getting buffered ... Most operating systems provide ways outside of C to wait gracefully; ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Using os.system() and string concatenation
    ... > I think take those lists and provide them to an os.systemcall. ... > This executes without any errors, but doesn't execute the command ... > supply it to os.systemit executes just fine. ... a shell command out of data from files, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: RH 9.0 log in question: seems a bit long
    ... No lag after I enter my password. ... in my username. ... When I type in command, it executes right away. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Unable to filter records using a command button
    ... continuous view form which is not a subform on another form? ... > I created a command button on the form that executes a macro. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)